This blog supports my LeFinials Etsy shop, which recently opened for business at www.etsy.com/shop/LeFinials.
If you have any questions, please email me at greg@gregorylefever.com.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Inspiration: A Genius at Patina

I study patinas and am especially intrigued with the aging that occurs on old, ornate pieces ~ from the worn-off paints to deep verdigris on metals. It's no wonder I was artistically stunned when I recently discovered the finishes created by French artist and decorator Elise Valdorcia, who now lives in Provence.

From reading about Elise, I know she creates some of the forms herself using cartapesta, a particular form of papier-mache. She also uses polychrome, gold leaf, paper, wax, linen, glass and plaster. Beyond that, all I know is that her artwork on furniture and furnishings is impeccable.

No comments:

Post a Comment