This blog supports my LeFinials Etsy shop, which recently opened for business at www.etsy.com/shop/LeFinials.
If you have any questions, please email me at greg@gregorylefever.com.

Monday, June 16, 2014

An Antique Pink Flame Finial

This unusual antique finial is 10 inches tall and one of a group of five I was able to locate and purchase. I've refurbished them in elegant, decorative colors and attached each one to its own handmade base, adding another two inches in height.

From the moment I first spotted the finials, I found the striking due to their height, shape and carved details. I've used a similar treatment on all five. The finials and bases are all painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® and treated with her dark and clear waxes to maintain the vintage appeal while keeping the finish quite understated.

This particular finial, as an example, is painted in Annie Sloan's Antoinette pink, while the base has an undercoat of Duck Egg Blue, covered with Old White, which is distressed to enable the blue to come through at key points of wear.

This one is available for $45 on my LeFinials Etsy Shop. As I mention in the description: "The overall effect is elegant and understated ~ a perfect touch of compelling colors for a shelf or table-top arrangement. Keep in mind that this finial is a foot tall and worthy of thoughtful display."


No comments:

Post a Comment